‘Everyone has something to learn’ . . . including us!March 5, 2020 Tags: BCM surgeries, Birmingham, community support, Neighbourhood Network Scheme
Birmingham is full of inspiring community groups and projects, and people from all backgrounds who are making things happen.
After our ‘two-surgery Tuesday’ on 3 March (we were in Northfield in the middle of the day and Stirchley in the evening) we found ourselves discussing all the different projects and questions that had popped up in just one day.
* three stay-and-play groups
* the Girls’ Brigade
* ROAM – a group that nurtures children’s play and sense of adventure outdoors.
* starting an arts charity
* a youth singing group
* bringing mindfulness meditation to all.
* funding and fundraising
* accessing Neighbourhood Network Scheme grants
* safeguarding and child protection policies
* starting a charity or community group
* designing an e-newsletter
* promoting organisations online
* choosing a legal structure.